The task isn’t as straight forward as you might think. There is a lot of work involved in ensuring you have a search engine friendly website, having well written content and a good number of pages to ensure you have rich content that will cater for all those visitors searching for your products and services. There is a mix of technical and content marketing activities required to optimise your website to improve it’s positions on the search engines over time. This type of activity is a slow burner, but over time, you can grow traffic levels that will then convert into enquiries that will cover all the effort and more. From that point onwards, it’s a case of targeting further keywords to grow traffic levels. This is why PPC can be a good way of filling the gap and paying for high positions in the short term, then finding a good strategy between SEO and PPC to give you the best return possible.
The type of SEO work involved is as follows:
- Create rich engaging content
- Uploading sitemaps to Google Search Console and Bing Webmaster Tools
- Ensuring you are using 404, 301 and 302 status codes where needed to redirect old pages
- Load times are important and to ensure that your site is optimised for mobile, phablet, tablet and desktop
- Use search friendly URLs that are clear and relate to the topic of the page
- Use all the semantic mark-ups available on the page/source code to ensure everything is marked up and descriptive, such as title, meta data, alt text on images and more.
- Use schema.org to display rich snippets of text where possible, Google might display this at the top of natural results
- Know your industry and the keywords that visitors will use to find you, this is important as well as the content marketing strategy
- The spread of keywords used across the site is also important and must relate to the page content. For example, high volume/high competitive search terms to be at the top of the web structure (such as the root) and long tail phrases to be at the lower levels (less competitive terms) following a hierarchical system.
- High quality backlinks is also a must which acts as votes from other websites
To find out more about how we can help, please read the information on ‘Search Engine Optimisation (SEO)’ and ‘PPC Management’.
Find out more about our services:
Search Engine Optimisation (SEO)
Let us help improve your rankings by improving your website performance, semantic mark-up’s and keyword targeting to increase your traffic levels and brand awareness.
Pay Per Click (PPC) Management
Getting the best out of your paid media? We can build, manage and improve the performance and growth of your paid campaigns. Lowering CPA and improving CoS/ROI.